Technical Artist - (Look-Development)
We are looking for an experienced Look Development artist who can work with and support the technical and departmental leads to help us redefine standards for photorealistic quality and realism in a real-time PBR environment.
This will be a highly self-directed role, lending insight to streamline pipelines and helping to improve other team members assets, workflows and techniques.
The successful candidate will also be aware of the latest advancements in shader technology, able to prototype real-time implementations of technical papers, and work with engineering support to ensure they are production-ready.
- Working with Environment and Character art teams such that creative and technical requirements of photorealistic CG assets are fulfilled
- Working with Lighting and Cinematics artists to develop and ensure lighting sequences meet creative goals and are set-up in a physically-based manner
- Working with creative leads to push future technologies in digital humans
- Prototyping new shading models based on latest technical papers (HLSL/GLSL desirable)
- Taking a proactive approach to maintaining and developing the studio Look-Development and Colour Management pipeline
- Scrutinising material set-ups to ensure highest quality of visual fidelity on CG assets
- Assist with creation of documentation for lookDev guidelines & techniques, shader development.
- Being self-directive in personal and studio development, whilst maintaining on-going communications with production to manage schedules and deadlines
Knowledge and skills required
- Previous experience in asset look-development, either in Visual Effects, Animation, Games or similar field
- An understanding of data acquisition, capturing HDRI maps and reference shoots
- Good fundamental knowledge of colour science and physically-based rendering methods
- Technical problem-solving skills to achieve creative goals
- Proficient with Python scripting and/or HLSL/OSL shader writing
- Basic understanding of real-time lighting/shading methods (radiance probes, reflection captures, deferred shading)
- Keen interest in establishing innovative and trail-blazing workflows for real-time graphics
- Good knowledge of other areas of CG pipeline, such as Lighting, Compositing, Texturing, Modelling
- C++ programming experience
- Interest in procedural workflows and potential creative solutions via Machine Learning and AI
- Familiarity with light transport algorithms and an interest in Real-Time Ray Tracing
Does this sound like you? If so we can offer you a fun, hard-working and supportive environment in which you can quickly make a contribution. Alongside this there’s the opportunity for career development, training and promotion plus a competitive salary and a whole heap of benefits including, but not limited to;
- Holiday 23 days per annum (rising 1 day a year for each year of service to a maximum of 33 days)
- Subsidised gym/fitness membership
- Free workplace massages
- Free fruit, snacks & cereal
- Free hot & cold drinks
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Dental cover
- Participation in cyclescheme & computingscheme
NOTE: THIS IS A ROLLING ADVERT
This means that we do not have a closing date for this advert and it will remain open until we have found the right candidate. We will start processing your application as soon as we receive it, so we advise applying as soon as possible if you’re interested in this role.
Rolling recruitment can sometimes result in us offering to the right candidate whilst other applications are still being processed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and we will always try to avoid this wherever possible.